As you may already know we have a developer portal which is now the central repository for all public APIs for IDN (and other products). We all use Postman as a tool for using these APIs. Currently there isn’t an official Postman collection for SailPoint but you can easily build one from the developer portal via swagger imports.
Quick guide on how to do so
- Download and Install Postman
- Go to the following
- On each of the page you will see a “Download OpenAPI specification” button. This will download a swagger.json file
- Open Postman and click on File -> Import
- Click on Upload File and select the previously downloaded swagger.json file
- Click on Import
- Once imported, you will have a collection of yours ready to go
Advance Tips: To make your life easier for administration, I highly recommend doing the following
- Setup Automation of IDN Rest API Authorisation in Postman
- Learn about Runner capabilities in Postman if you want to do some repetitive / bulk tasks without much scripting
Hope this help get you started in the API world with IDN & SailPoint.